Movies are shown the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at the Hart Park House at 1:00 p.m. This twice a month program features the latest movie releases on the Hart Park House’s brand new 70” flat panel television!
Seniors and their guests may bring food and beverages to snack along while enjoying the featured film and this program is free of charge! Attendees may park on Mariposa Avenue; or Sierra Madre Blvd., and in the back parking lot of City Hall.
March 1st at 1:00 p.m.
How to Marry a Millionaire
March 15th at 1:00 p.m.
A River Runs Through It
A variety of leisure, recreational, educational, cultural, and exercise classes are offered free of charge or at minimal fees throughout the week at the Hart Park House!
Classes include Yoga, Strength-Training, and other activities to improve your balance, memory enhancement, and well-being through social interaction, dance and health conditioning.
- Chair Yoga: Every Monday and Wednesday at 11:00 a.m.
- Hawaiian & Polynesian - Dance Class: Every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.
- Free Strength Training: Every Friday at 12:45 p.m.
It's Tax Season! Are you looking for legal or tax advice? No need to search further.... The Hart Park House offers free professional legal and tax consultation, in addition to free blood pressure testing!
- Blood Pressure Testing: The 2nd Tuesday of every month at 11:00 a.m. No appointment is necessary.
- Case Management Services Available: Case Management Services from the YWCA San Gabriel Valley will be provided every 2nd Thursday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Hart Park House Senior Center.
- Legal Consultation: On Wednesdays once a month - this month is scheduled Wednesday, March 15th (Please inquire at the Hart Park House in advance for the specific date and time). Appointments are required. Call 626-355-7394.
- Tax Assistance: Every Wednesday beginning February 1st up through April 12th at 1:00 p.m. Appointments are required. Call 626-355-7394.
Lunch and Learn
The Hart Park House hosts “Lunch and Learn” sessions throughout different months. Past programs have included: Maintaining Driver Independence, Fall Injury Prevention, History of Old Town Pasadena, Changes to Medicare, and engaging guest speaking engagements from renowned organizations such as the Sierra Madre Kensington Assisted Living Residence, the Braille Institute, and Holiday Safety Tips from our very own community law enforcement agencies. For suggestions or information on future topics through “Lunch and Learn” contact the Hart Park House office at 626-355-7394.
The Hart Park House hosts daily and monthly activities throughout the year. In addition to the regularly schedules activities, staff organizes holiday celebrations and special activities. Past activities include: brain games (memory testing games), technology seminars, CPR and AED instruction and vision and hearing screenings.
- Bingo: Every Tuesday from 1:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. at the Hart Park House.
- Game Day: Every Thursday starting at 12:00 p.m. at the Hart Park House. Senior Poker group meets and other board games are available for use.
- Brain Games: Thursday, March 16th, at 10:30 am. Improve your memory and strengthen your brain waves.
- Birthday Celebrations: Join us every second Thursday of the month for your Birthday! The free birthday cake is provided by the Sierra Madre Civic Club.
- Tech Talk: Will resume in the Spring
Senior Moments - March 2017 - Click Here